The teachers are busy preparing their classrooms for the beginning of the school year! As a staff, we have already had a wonderful time together this week. It is our desire to serve and minister to each student and parent this year!
Please take note of the following reminders:
- Orientation Preschool and Kindergarten Orientation will be held this Thursday evening beginning at 7:00 PM in the main auditorium of South Charlotte Baptist Church. Elementary through High School Orientation will be held on Friday evening beginning at 7:00 PM in the main auditorium of South Charlotte Baptist Church. At least one parent or guardian should attend orientation with the student.
- First Day of School The first day of school is next Monday, August 14. Classes will beginning promptly at 8:30 AM.
- Parent/Student Handbooks Current parent/student handbooks are available for download from ParentsWeb in the “Resource Documents” section of the “School Information” section. If you would like a “hard” copy of any of the handbooks, please stop by the Academy office during regular business hours. We will also make them available during orientation. Our junior and senior high will be going over their handbook during the first week of school to make sure that each student is well aware of what is expected of them.
- Stay in Touch! You can stay in touch with South Charlotte Baptist Church & Academy in several ways. Find us on Facebook (SCBCPineville), Twitter (SCBCPineville,) and Instagram (SCBCPineville).
- Immunizations If you have not already turned in your child’s immunization record (which must be completed by a physician), you must turn that information in to the Academy office by September 15, 2018. By North Carolina law, your child will not be allowed to continue attending school without the Academy having that information on file.
- Medical History For all new students, we must have a completed “Medical History” form on file for the child. This form can be filled out by a parent.
- Medical Release Form All students must have, on file, a notarized medical release form. This form is filled out by a parent but it must be notarized. (Typically, you should be able to have that form notarized at your local bank.)
If you need any of the above forms, please contact the Academy office either by phone or email and we will be more than happy to send those forms to you via email so that you can print them off and fill them out. You may also stop by the Academy office during normal business hours to pick up any of those forms.
If we can be of any help to you as you prepare for the start of school, please do not hesitate to contact us!