We trust that you have had a wonderful week! We just want to remind you of a few things as we wrap up this week and head into the weekend…
- Dress Guidelines – The weather is changing, and we are moving into spring. Please be aware that as the weather changes certain dress code violations become more obvious. Now that warm weather is here, tights and stockings no longer mask the shortness of the skirts. According to the new policy this year, all skirts are to fall BELOW the knee. Also, with the warm weather, sweatshirts tend to be worn less. Please be sure that all ladies are wearing tank tops/camis/undergarments that are either neutral or match the color of the polo/chapel shirt. In the past, we have seen young ladies with white polo shirts wearing a bright camis/tank tops/or undergarments. The staff dislike addressing dress code as much as the students dislike hearing it; however, it is necessary for us to do so. We are asking for your help instead. Please take an inventory of your student’s closet to see if your student has outgrown their uniform. If so, remove those items so that they do not accidently wear it. Remember that school uniforms must be purchased from Land’s End. Contact the Academy office if you have questions about Land’s End.
- Car Line – This seems to be a recurring situation. When you are in car line, please do not get out of your vehicle. This has been stressed on several occassions during this school year yet we continue to have parents get out of their vehicle. Also, please use the marked parking spaces if you need to park. Don’t simply move “out of the way.” The parking lot is a very busy place in the mornings and afternoons. Your observance of these items will make the parking lot a much safer place for everyone.
- Finances – We are pleased to announce that Mrs. Jeanne Kelsey (a faithful member of South Charlotte Baptist Church) has come on staff to help us manage the financial accounts. She is only part time as of now working in the office on Fridays. Some of you have already had the pleasure of speaking with her. Should you have a question about your account, please contact the Academy office. If you call on a day other than Friday, the office staff will forward you to Mrs. Kelsey’s voice mailbox for you to leave a message. You may also contact her via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. (We are working to be able to allow access to your financial accounts via ParentsWeb. That will be coming soon.)
- ParentsWeb – There are a number of parents that we know who have not accessed ParentsWeb yet this year. Please do so. It is an excellent way to stay informed and communicate with the school. Click here to log on. If you are having difficulty creating a ParentsWeb account, please contact the Academy office. We can create the initial log on credentials for you and then you can changes those things after logging in to your account.
- 2016-2017 School Year – The enrollment process for next year is well underway and we have had good response. Our K3 and K4 classes for next year are only a couple of students away from being full. Many of our current families have not re-enrolled for next year. Even if you are not planning to return, please let us know that. Click here to view directions on how to begin the re-enrollment process. You will need to be able to access ParentsWeb in order to complete the re-enrollment process.
- Upcoming Dates – Please be aware of the following events that are coming up:
- The 7th-12th grade classes will have their “Nine Week’s” exams the week of March 14th.
- March 21-25 is “Spirit Week.”
- March 28-April 1 is Spring Break.
Click here to view the 2015-2016 Academy Calender. Also, an interactive calendar is part of ParentsWeb. Log on to view the calendar on ParentsWeb.