You should have already received an email informing you of the fact that re-enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year is now open for current students. (Open enrollment for new students will begin on February 1, 2017.) Re-enrollment is once again being accomplished via ParentsWeb.
Click here for instructions on how to complete the re-enrollment process! (These instructions were created last year but are still applicable this year.)
We want to encourage you to re-enroll your students for next year and continue to build upon the foundation that has been laid in this current year. To encourage that, the re-enrollment fee from now until January 31st is only $150 (plus a $10 administrative fee). Beginning February 1st, the enrollment/re-enrollment fee will go up to $300.
We are going to have several Open Houses (in the pre-school and lower elementary) to give you the opportunity to see the next class that your student would be going to.
- Friday, January 13, 9:30-11:00 AM – K4 Preschool and 1st grade Open House
- Friday, January 20, 9:30-11:00 AM – K3 Preschool and Kindergarten Open House
- Friday, January 27, 9:30-11:00 AM – K4 Preschool and 1st grade Open House
- Friday, February 3, 9:30-11:00 AM – K3 Preschool and Kindergarten Open House
At each open house you will have the opportunity to have your questions answered regarding the upcoming school year!
We look forward to serving your family in the years to come as you seek to “train up” your children in a Godly manner!
Although it is not 2017 yet, it is still important to begin planning ahead! Here at SCBA, we have already begun planning for the next school year! And, we want to encourage our Academy families to do the same!
Re-enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year will begin on Friday, January 6, 2017. Re-enrollment will once again be accomplished online via ParentsWeb. For several weeks during the month of January, our current Academy families will be able to enjoy 50% off of the usually re-enrollment fee.
In preparation for the 2017-2018 school year, we will be hosting several “Open Houses” during the month of January for our preschool and lower elementary classes. Stay tuned for specific information!
North Carolina Opportunity Scholarship Grant
A number of our families have been able to take advantage of the NC Opportunity Scholarship Grant this year to be able to significantly reduce their educational costs. Those families who received that Grant this year will need to renew their scholarship beginning in February, 2017 if they wish to continue receiving that assistance. (Be sure to be on the lookout for information pertaining to your renewal in the coming months.) Those families who are not currently receiving the OSG and who have children who 1) are going into our K5 or 1st grade program or 2) will have been in a public school the semester before enrolling at SCBA may apply for the OSG beginning February 1, 2017. Click here to be taken to the NC OSG website for further details.
With Christmas quickly approaching, we wanted to make you aware of some of the upcoming activities that will be taking place here at South Charlotte Baptist Church & Academy!
- SCBA Christmas Celebration – The students of South Charlotte Baptist Academy will be presenting their annual Christmas program on Friday night, December 9. The program begins at 7:00 PM in the main auditorium of South Charlotte Baptist Church. All students are required to be present for this program.
- SCBC Christmas Celebration – The adult choir of South Charlotte Baptist Church will be presenting their annual Christmas program on Sunday morning, December 11. The service begins at 11 AM in the main auditorium on South Charlotte Baptist Church. If you do not have a church home that you usually attend, we would love to invite you to celebrate Christmas with the SCBC Family!
- SCBA Christmas Break – School will be dismissed at Noon on Friday, December 16, for this year’s Christmas break. (This is different than what is posted in the Academy’s calendar) There will be no after care provided on that day. Students should be picked up at Noon. Classes will resume on Monday, January 2, at 8:30 AM.
- SCBC Candlelight Christmas Eve Service – On Saturday night, December 24, at 6:00 PM, you are invited to our annual candlelight Christmas Eve service. This is a wonderful time of reflection upon the true meaning of Christmas!
- SCBC Christmas Day – Christmas Day falls on a Sunday this year! Come and join the South Charlotte Baptist Church family for our Christmas Day service at 11:00 AM on December 25!
Our 2016-2017 school year got off to a great start on Thursday night, August 11, with our Parent/Student Orientation. It was exciting to see many returning faces as well as a lot of new faces in the crowd. During the evening a lot of information was given out.
If you were unable, for whatever reason, to attend Parent/Teacher Orientation, we ask you to click here to listen to the audio from orientation.
Please give yourself plenty of time on Monday morning, August 15, especially if you will need to take care of any business in the Academy office.
“By Love…Serve” – The SCBA Administration
Your school logo applied free!
Excludes Canvas by Lands’ End
Savings reflected at checkout when you enter
Promotion Code: YOURLOGO
Receive your school logo applied free! Offer available to all schools with a logo currently on file with us (excludes Canvas by Lands’ End, Lands’ End Sport, monogramming, Lands’ End Camp and Lands’ End Business Outfitters purchases). Discount will be applied at checkout. This offer has no cash value and is not redeemable for cash. Promotional savings may be deducted from returns. 5-7 business day delivery to most addresses. Please allow an extra 3-5 business days for logo applications. Offer valid through 9:59 p.m. Central, July 3, 2016. Not valid on previous purchases or when combined with any other promotional offers.
Click here to be taken to the Land’s End School Uniform Site. (The SCBA school code is 900167826.)
“Students as young as five years old – kindergartners – are going to be taught about the ins and outs of “transgenderism” in all public schools in Washington, beginning in the fall 2017 semester.”
Some parents may say, “I sure am glad my family doesn’t live in Washington State!” However, before sending your child to a public school – any public school in any state – you should really take the time to find out what exactly your children will be taught – and exposed to – at that public school.
Parents have been given the responsibility to be the primary teachers for their children. Parents, in sending their children to school, are delegating some of that responsibility to others. Parents must delegate wisely. Listen to the principles of God’s Word:
“Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
“But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.” Psalm 1:1-2
“Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge. ” Psalm 19:27
- We should choose teachers/schools who give godly counsel.
- We should choose teachers/schools who will encourage our students to delight in God’s Word.
- We should not choose teachers/schools who will lead our students away from the truth of God’s Word.
At South Charlotte Baptist Academy, our teachers and staff love the Lord and seek to instill that same love into the students. Students will receive a wonderful education that is based upon the truths of God’s Word. Interested in that for your children? Give us a call at (704) 544-READ (7323).
We are so excited about Teacher Appreciation week May 2nd- May 6th! This is a wonderful opportunity to teach our children the importance of giving and sharing. The SCBA staff is dedicated to all aspects of growth for your little ones and in order to make this week a success, we need your help! We have planned a fun week and each day will bring a smile to our teachers faces! Please view the schedule and details provided below:
- Monday– Each classroom will have a vase provided and we ask each child to bring in a flower to place inside. It can be store bought or picked from your garden!
- Tuesday– Today will be a sweet tooth day! Please share your favorite candy or dessert with your teacher! Yummy 🙂
- Wednesday– K-3 through 12th grade will be provided a sheet on Monday to complete and turn in today about their teacher. These questions are designed to be funny and from the view point of your child, so please enjoy the humor because our teachers will! Please have your child answer each question sincerely and turn in the sheet today.
- Thursday– Please send a $10 gift card or gift. This act of kindness will go along way and will be greatly appreciated!
- Friday– Lunch on us! We will have a pot-luck style lunch. We ask that each family sign-up to bring their best dishes! Cultural dishes are greatly appreciated!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Academy office.
Each year our students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of Fine Arts and Academic competitions through the North Carolina Christian School Association. (Note: There are 73 Christian schools that are a part of the North Carolina Christian School Association.) While our elementary students will not be participating in their Fine Arts until later in April, many competitions have already taken place. Here’s how our students have done thus far:
Note: Please keep in mind that for the Academic Testing there are literally hundreds of students that participate in those tests.
|Lincoln Jordan||3rd||Testing||3rd/Math||31 out of 45||33rd|
|Rachel Savin||3rd||Testing||3rd/English||56 out of 65||22nd|
|Reese Williamson||3rd||Testing||3rd/History||33 out of 58||14th|
|Rachel Savin||3rd||Testing||3rd/Science||33 out of 55||17th|
|Reese Williamson||3rd||Testing||3rd/Science||30 out of 55||25th|
|Silas Campbell||4th||Testing||4th/Math||42 out of 58||38th|
|Alexis Alexander||4th||Testing||4th/English||54 out of 60||2nd|
|Christian Mercado||5th||Testing||5th/Math||38 out of 50||36th|
|Christian Mercado||5th||Testing||5th/History||33 out of 60||32nd|
|Kayla Mast||6th||Testing||6th/History||74 out of 100||5th|
|Joseph Mast (JJ)||Jr High||Testing||Jr High History/Geo||63 out of 75||2nd|
|Annadair Thompson||Sr High||Testing||Sr High English||83 out of 100||16th|
|Stephanie Pretell||Sr High||Testing||Sr High English||81 out of 100||18th|
|Jeremiah Campbell||Sr High||Piano||Classical Piano||II|
|Mollie Campbell||Sr High||Piano||Sacred Solo||II|
|Ashton Toney/Giancarlo Pretell||Jr High||Instrumental||Ensemble||II|
|Leslie Villeda||Jr High||Instrumental||String||II|
|Titus Campbell||Jr High||Piano||Sacred Solo||I||1st|
|Sr High Small Group||Sr High||Vocal||Ensemble||II|