We know that sending your child to a school such as South Charlotte Baptist Academy is a costly investment.
We wanted to make everyone – who lives in North Carolina – aware that applications are being accepted for the 2016-2017 NC Opportunity Scholarship are being accepted. Click here to begin the application process!
Who is eligible for an Opportunity Scholarship?
To receive an Opportunity Scholarship, a student must meet the criteria below:
The student must meet all of these four criteria:
- Live in a household that meets the Income Eligibility Guidelines established by the Program;
- Enroll in a participating nonpublic school in North Carolina; (South Charlotte Baptist Academy is a participating nonpublic school.)
- Does not have a high school diploma; and
- Be 5 on or before August 31.
And the student must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be assigned to and attend a North Carolina public school for the spring semester;
- Have received an Opportunity Scholarship during the previous school year; (If you currently receive the Opportunity Scholarship, you need to reapply for the next year.)
- Will be entering kindergarten or the first grade; (This would allow our current students in our K4 & K5 to apply for the NC Opportunity Scholarship!)
- Is a foster child; or
- Has been adopted within the last year.
If you have additional questions, feel free to contact the North Carolina Education Assistance Authority at (855) 330-3955.